Confident, Courageous & Centered Leaders
Executive coaching for talented professional women to
deliver results and maintain a healthy zest for life
You are talented and ambitious, with aspirations for yourself and your organisation and you are willing to work hard to achieve them. You recognise the value of good leadership for the organisation's performance. You want to do all you can at work, take on responsibility with higher roles, make a difference and still honour your commitments and values outside of work without stress or guilt. You deserve to achieve your ambitions, feel fulfilled and enjoy a healthy zest for life.
Request a strategy session to design the 121 Executive Coaching programme that will bring you the best results. We have a range of proven tools and frameworks that have delivered success for other leaders. Two frameworks are outlined here - Leader's Foundation and Engagement. Others include strategy, communicating with influence, raising performance, creating high performing teams, and many more - we can pick and choose elements that are relevant for you. Contact us to discuss what would deliver the best results for you. Alternatively, some leaders choose to use coaching primarily or also as an impartial sounding board to gain clarity on current decisions and situations as they arise.
The value of executive coaching
1. Business value to your organisation
Results can include productivity gains, growth of the organisation, reductions in voluntary employee turnover, faster time to market, raised client or customer satisfaction, raised employee satisfaction, higher engagement, better teamwork and gains in the many metrics that organisations track.
We work on the leadership mindset and behaviours that make a difference - to you as a leader, to your people and to your organisation.
Topics often initially present as
- Not enough time for everything.
- Too many projects / initiatives and not enough focus or clarity.
- Missed deadlines - by yourself, by team members or other projects in the organisation.
- Projects over budget.
- Lack of direction.
- Too much firefighting.
- No time for strategy.
- Infighting amongst team members.
- Lack of commitment, engagement or trust, among team members or the organisation as a whole.
- Feeling stressed and harassed.
- Feeling bored and not stretched enough, or not given enough responsibility, or being micromanaged.
- Feeling overlooked.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- New team being created and want to deliver results.
- Complaints about poor communication - within a team or the organisation as a whole.
- Feeling lonely at or near the top of an organisation, or running your own business - it just would be nice to feel more certain about decisions, talk things through, be stretched or have someone to be accountable to.
To discover the business value the executive coaching will bring you, ask yourself:
- What does leadership development mean for you?
- What improvements will your team be able to make through this process?
- What difference will it make for your organisation and for you?
- If you continue as you are and change nothing, what will be the impact on the organisation? In 1 year? In 3 years?
2. Priceless value to you personally
Many of my clients come to me to improve leadership at work. The positive side-effect is a transformation of their personal life. Clients have reported to me outcomes like
- Feeling much more confident and happy (and resulting from this – feel more assured in work, better able to make eye-contact with strangers, even enjoying networking, made new friends, taken up a new hobby, now having a social life again, accepted for a role that was a personal lifetime ambition.)
- Enjoying work again.
- Feel more in control of own career and valued at work.
- Less stress.
- More time to be with the family and improving relationships (even saving the marriage!).
- Made time to start up a favourite hobby or sport again.
- Catching up with friends again.
- Improved health and wellbeing.
- If we get the results you want, what will this mean for you personally?
- How will you feel when you achieve these results?
- What will be the impact on your time/stress/confidence/work-life balance?
- Alternatively, if you don’t do anything and nothing changes, what will be the impact on you personally?
What will be the value for you if we work together?
Not sure? Take the free leadership and engagement assessments to start thinking about where you could find value.
Why not give Sue a call to arrange a strategy session around what you would want to address with executive coaching?
Will coaching work?
Are you motivated to learn and open to reflecting on your situation, trying new ideas and ways of doing things? Are you committed to doing what you need to do, not just talk about it? Yes – coaching can work brilliantly for you. The next step is to discover whether Sue is the right match for you – would you feel comfortable to talk about things in a way you probably never do with anyone else? The latter applies even more the more senior you become! Senior managers and leaders often say it feels quite lonely as there isn't anyone they can talk through their thought processes. Does that resonate with you? Coaching conversations are unique as we assure that the content of every 1:1 session remains fully confidential, even when coaching is arranged through your organisation.
Outline of the typical process when arranging executive coaching through your organisation, or for a programme to be implemented with your team.
Initial conversation to investigate the purpose for the engagement and establish whether this approach would deliver the desired results. Additional ‘chemistry’ meeting with 1:1 clients if not present at the initial conversation, as a good relationship is essential for good results with executive coaching.
Stakeholder contracting meeting to clarify purpose, desired outcomes and duration for the programme.
Assessment phase when relevant. Evaluate the current situation and advise on the most appropriate activity for the programme to deliver the desired outcomes.
Main programme including 1:1 coaching, team facilitation, board visioning, assessments, training and other activities such as shadowing or observation.
Review meetings – mid-term (in longer programmes lasting 6-12+ months) and closing the programme.
Proven frameworks and tools that work with organisations of all sizes, worldwide.
Choose elements from a wide range of frameworks and tools that are relevant for you and your organisation. Call Sue to find out more about them. E.g.:
- Leader’s Foundation – Aligning focus, purpose and performance. Includes vision, values and behaviours.
- Engaging people
- Planning strategy
- Building high performing teams
- Leadership presence, Influence and Communication
- Emotional Intelligence – the most successful managers and leaders have high emotional intelligence.
- Good to Great – processes of successful organisations that sustain success for the long term.
- 360 Feedback – by interview (telephone, Skype or in person) or online ‘survey’
- Emotional Intelligence and development report with a business or leadership focus
- Working Styles, Personality Styles and Team Styles – understanding your own style and how to interact effectively and constructively with different styles.
- Mental Toughness – for resilience, managing stress, peak performance
- Leadership Styles – for flexibility to lead well in a wide range of situations
Our clients have come from a wide range of backgrounds and organisations. Executive coaching tends to be arranged either
- by the organisation, often through the HR / personnel department or equivalent
- directly by individuals, either as private clients or with part or full funding by their organisation, particularly by more senior executives who prefer to choose their coach themselves.
Confident leaders achieve outstanding success. Confidence is your springboard to deliver as a leader: you focus on priorities, inspire a compelling vision and communicate with clarity. You listen to, engage and align your people to work willingly towards a common purpose and achieve outstanding results.
Courageous leaders achieve outstanding success. You embrace responsibility, take appropriate risks, experiment and learn from mistakes or set backs, rise to the challenge, recognise opportunities, are open and transparent in your dealings, and inspire trust when you acknowledge your vulnerabilities.
Centered leaders achieve outstanding success. You give your life and work a sense of meaning. You have a healthy awareness of yourself and how you interact with others. You know your capabilities, your strengths and weaknesses. You manage your energy to maintain enthusiasm and make time for all that is important. You are grounded and resilient. You connect and engage with others to build a sense of community and lead your organisation to sustainable long-term success.
The power of accountability to your coach
Accountability to your coach really does make the difference for getting things done! The Institute for Applied Emotional Intelligence did research into the chances of people achieving their goals depending on how they set them (Wiseman 2004)
|You have an idea (what you will do)||10%|
|Decide when you will do it||40%|
|Plan how you will do it||50%|
|Commit to someone else you will do it||65%|
|Have a specific accountability appointment with the person you’ve committed to||95%|
Contact Aeona today to see how our programmes will benefit you.
Do your self-assessments and call today in confidence
for a no obligation chat or to arrange a strategy session.
Tel: 0845 6436 084 or +44 1875 830708
Mobile: 07809 672859
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie
"If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be." Anonymous